House rewiring and switchboard upgrade
Electrical installations can age and can become overloaded, particularly in old homes where the wiring was not designed for the number of electrical appliances in use today.
If your house is over a certain age and the wiring is outdated, insurance policies may not cover any damage which may occur due to an electrical fire. If you install a number of new appliances, or a large appliance such as a central heating system, it’s a good idea to have an electrician check the capability of your meter board and wiring. Overloading them can be dangerous.
As well as house wiring for new buildings, you can get your existing property rewired to ensure that it meets insurance policy standards (so that you are covered for damage caused by an electrical fire).
Warning signs that the installations in your home are becoming dangerous include plugs and sockets that are hot to the touch or have brown scorch marks on them, fuses that blow and circuit breakers that trip for no reason, and flickering lights.
These signs may mean that the wiring in your home needs upgrading. If you notice any of the above warning signs, have us check the internal wiring of your home and give you a quote for any work required to bring the wiring up to today's standards.